Thursday, February 2, 2017

ERINA CREEK KAYAK - HAVEN SWIM - HAVEN HIKE - 2 FEBRUARY 2017

I checked the surf this morning but it was very small so I decided on a kayak.


I drove to Erina Creek and launched towards the navigable headwater of the creek.



I didn't get too far before I was blocked by fallen trees. I backtracked and paddled past the bridge.


It was a slow paddle as I was observing the effects of erosion on the creek banks. there are a lot more trees that will be falling soon. The banks were undermined in parts by up to two metres.


The nice part of the paddle was the number of large lizards basking on the shoreline rocks and the birds feeding amongst the casuarinas.



A pleasant 2.66 km kayak.

I still had some more time so I had an ocean swim at Terrigal Haven. The water was smooth and clear even though the wind had greatly increased.

The girls and I had lunch at one of the restaurants near the waterfront at East Gosford. Pleasant.

Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I did a few walking laps of the Terrigal Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...