Monday, October 24, 2016

SUNRISE, BIKE AND WIND - 23 OCTOBER 2016

The day started chilly and sunny with thick clouds on the southern horizon.

I checked the surf and sunrise at Wamberal Beach.

Next, I drove an hour to Caves Beach to check the waves and maybe a bike ride if the surf wasn't that good.


Well, the bike ride won so I decided to follow the coastal track in Wallarah National Park.



What a great ride! The tracks were varied  with some steep sections, pools of mud, sandy spots, sandstone base, thick to open vegetation, narrow and wide tracks.



The scenery was awesome with beaches, coves, cliffs, bridges, creeks, old fences, open heath and forests.



Putting all of the above together made for an awesome and fun 8.10 km ride with a maximum speed of 38.2 km/h.

Later in the day, the wind picked up and so I went for a windsurf at Canton Beach on Tuggerah Lake.

It was blowing strongly but in gusts. So I had good runs but sometimes the wind would back off and I'd be floundering.


Still, a great 10 km windsurf with a maximum speed of 37.1 km/h.


What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...