Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BLACKWALL MOUNTAIN MTB - 18 OCTOBER 2016

Perfect weather today - sunny, blue skies and warm.


I started the day checking the surf at North Avoca. The waves were very small and the sun was just about to peak over the lightly clouded horizon.


I drove to Blackwall Mountain for a bike ride. This mountain stands out as it surrounded by flat land and Brisbane Water.


The start is very steep along an access road until the top. The road then meanders along the summit ridge and peters out into a track.


It is a short ride - 3.15km - but lots of fun with rock and tree obstacles and intermittent views over the ocean and Brisbane Water.


The tracks follow the edge of the cliff, diverting around trees and boulders.

After the ride, I drove to Ettalong Beach and had coffee at a café along the esplanade. Such a pretty view over the exit of Brisbane Water into the sea. The sun was sparkling and twinkling on the water.


Later that afternoon, I went to Toowoon Bay for a snorkel but the tide was too low so I settled for a swim and a short snooze on the beach.


A great day

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...