Thursday, April 14, 2016

LANE COVE NP - LANE COVE RIVER KAYAK - 14 APRIL 2016

I was in Sydney and had a short time to spare so I had a kayak at Lane Cove River in Lane Cove National Park.


I parked near the weir and launched from there. It is a very pretty place. there were a few people sitting around enjoying the tranquility.


I enjoyed the kayak but I never done one in such a short time so in a way I didn't enjoy it as much as usual as I felt to rush, especially, when it was demanding me to slow down and appreciate.


I had to stop for  awhile for a water dragon that was sunning itself on a branch in the middle of the river.



A pretty but rushed 3.75 km kayak.


In retrospect, I have to drive to this area of Sydney for awhile on a regular basis so I think I will continue to kayak this river at a slower enjoyable pace over a number of visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...