Thursday, January 22, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - BRISBANE WATER - EAST GOSFORD - KAYAK - 22 JANUARY 2015

The morning was nice, the surf was poor so off for a kayak.


I was going to Woy Woy but the tide was too low and launching was difficult due to mud and oyster shells so I drove over to the East Gosford Sailing Club and launched from the small beach next to it.

The water was glassy and reflective and the weather warm.

A lone small motor boat caused a ripple that oscillated across the bay. It looked nice.

I paddled over to Iguanas restaurant which is built over the water. I paddled under the structure. It was quite a different experience looking at the underside of a building via kayak. The posts will eventually rot and will make a difficult job to replace.

I continued to paddle over to the railway bridge. I fished as I was paddling. I checked my line when I reached the bridge and I had caught a fish. It was the first fish I have caught using lures. It was small so I returned it to the water.

I paddled and fished around the bridge for awhile. No more bites but it was nice drifting with the tide.

A short but pleasant 2km kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...