Thursday, January 29, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - RUMBALARA RESERVE - MOUAT TRACK - MTB - 29 JANUARY 2015

I drove to Rumbalara Reserve, entering from Dolly Ave, Springfield. I parked near the start of the Mouat Track.
(The video wont embed. Click the link below for the video)
http://youtu.be/8FvTlu97iH4
I rode partly down the Grass Tree Track then crossed over to the Mouat Track




It was a good ride with pretty bush scenery of large spreading trees, grass trees and ferns. There were also some views.


There were a lot of steps. They were the log type. I could navigate over some of the them but most were too hard for me as they were uphill or highly eroded from the rain.


The track varied from track to service road to track. Sometimes, the track veered off the road to traverse the opposite side of a hill.

The ferns were plentiful in some parts nearly obscuring the track. They were wet and soft as I brushed pass them.

The tracks were up and down with some level sections.

There was a statue of John Eyre, who posed for a few photos.


A good ride.


distance - 8.93 km
time  - 1:39
av speed - 5.3 km/h
max speed - 25.4 km/h
elevation range - 114 m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...