Saturday, January 10, 2015

CENTRAL COAST - 'BIRDS OF AVOCA LAGOON' - KAYAK - 9 JANUARY 2015






The surf was messy but the wind nil and the sun was shining, so off for a kayak.









I paddled around Avoca lagoon. I paddled casually and enjoyed the shades of morning light, the reflections on the water and the numerous birds.


A pied cormorant put on a great show. I was so close and the sun was shining through the wings. The bird seemed to strike a number of poses for the camera.

A great kayak.



BIRD INFO







The Purple Swamphen has a resplendent purple-blue neck, breast and belly, and a gaudy, oversized bill and frontal shield, both of which are bright red, as are its beady eyes.


The Black-winged Stilt is a large black and white wader with long orange-red legs and a straight black bill. It has black on the back of the neck, a white collar and a red iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...