Monday, December 1, 2014

CENTRAL COAST - BRISBANE WATER NP - WARRAH TRIG - HIKE - 1 december 2014

Well, I was going to go for a bike ride but I arrived at the starting point a little later than expected so I settled for a short hike.



The morning light had lit up the bush. The light filtered through the leaves of the trees creating vibrant shades of green - pretty. The bark of some trees was highlighted into more vibrant colours.


There were a number of flowers blooming though not in huge abundance. They tended to stand out from the greenery with their shades of purple, white, yellow and red. A closer inspection showed the intricate and delicate detail of their form. remarkable!


The orb weaver spider were stationed strategically along the path for catching prey. Part of the way down the track, a half web indicated that someone had walked the path before me. Lucky them! The webs are so perfect and in its centre lies the spider waiting patiently for prey.


Yellow and brown coloured moths flitted on the rocks at the trig point.


The birds were too quick for me this morning but I watched a kookaburra stream through the trees and vanish. Two lyrebirds walked ahead of me but took off at speed once I was noticed.


The view at the end of the hike was over Broken Bay at the end of the Hawkesbury River's journey. The view spanned over Pittwater, Palm Beach, Ku-ring-gai National Park and Patonga. A hazy mist hung over the western view.


The striking feature of the hike was the silence. No bird calls. No insects buzzing. Just silence and an awakening sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...