Monday, July 9, 2012

CENTRAL COAST - Terrigal En Plein Air Painting - 2 june 2012

My friend Paul Haggith asked me to video the Terrigal In Plein Air on Sunday at the 5 Lands Walk.

Terrigal in plein air



What happens is that the artists (20) choose a place to base themselves and a scene/s to paint as their style and interest agrees. They spend half the time painting and the other half answering questions from the general public.
I must have done a reasonable job last year as Paul asked me again. I happily agreed as last year was my first attempt at this type of production and there were a few things I wanted to improve upon. I lost a lot of voices due to camera movement and the strong wind during the interview scenes. This year I lost some voices due to wind gusts.
I wandered from the lagoon at Terrigal and along the beach front and over and around the skillion.
The artists had picked some nice locations and it was a real pleasure watching them work and talking with them. The styles were all different. Some chose not to do the sea and some painted with straight edges. Very exciting!
I only missed one artist… sorry Geoff Neil.
At the end of the day, we all met at the Lord Ashley Bar for the presentation of the artists’ award for the best painting of the day. Kasey Sealy was the winner!
A fun, great day!
Andy collis


Chris vanderwyk


David baker


Eddie botha


Graeme balchin


Greg jarmaine


Greg somers


Janet cobb


Kasey sealy


Kyra Henley


Margaret fortey


Patrick carrol


Paul Haggith


Peter lankas


Russell Austin


Simon sawell


Steven fisher


Wendy bills


Yianni johns


Artist choice award presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...