Saturday, November 14, 2009

Singapore and Thailand - Phuket - Karon Beach - october 2006

 
We had an overnight stay in Singapore before flying to Phuket for 10 days in October 2006. We based ourselves at Karon Beach. The beach was excellent and there were shops nearby for eating, shopping and massages.

The restaurants were all good and prices varied. some of the cheapest tasted the best to me.

The shopping was good as the quality of the goods was good and there was a lot to choose from. For example, three years later I'm still wearing the t-shits and boardshorts. The massages were great though I did prefer the foot massage.

The beach was excellent with long white sand, patrolled, rocky points at either end. It was also a short walk to Kata Beach.

There were plenty of activities to do such as visit other beaches, elephant walks, etc.

The locals were friendly to indifferent. On the beach, I had a  number of chats with the locals and  when shopping they acted with indifference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...