Thursday, May 30, 2019

MUNMORAH COASTAL TRACK AND WYBUNG HEAD MTB - 15 MAY 2019

A surf wander  - North Avoca, Birdie Beach and Frazer Park – showed very ordinary waves.




I settled for an awesome mountain bike ride at Munmorah SCA along the coastal track. It had overgrown somewhat and had eroded more heavily in parts. At the end of the track, I continued on to Wybung Head and rode to the higher and lower headland. Great views along the coast and a steep fun ride to each of the headlands. The coastal track was best on the return leg. About 3 kilometres of downhill through all types of terrain – steep tracks, erosion obstacles, thick and close heath, sand and deep sand, curves, open areas and under low trees. Heaps of fun and concentration.







I checked Soldiers Beach on the way back and sat and watched the waves with a coffee. There were a few guys out but they weren’t getting many waves and even those were very short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...