Thursday, May 7, 2015

CENTRAL COAST KAYAK - WOY WOY - 7 MAY 2015



An early morning check of the surf - too small.


I drove over to Woy Woy for a kayak around the channel and pelican Island.


There was a slight breeze blowing but the water was still glassy. The birds were about
feeding and roosting.

 
One tree was full with pairs of cockatoos - a noisy lot. There were flocks of birds flying in various formations.

The tide was low so paddling was a little restricted. Still, I paddled partly up a narrow channel and enjoyed the sunrise and the birds feeding.

The ferry motored pass sending a series of waves across the channel and my kayak.


I paddled over to and under the bridges. threw out the fishing line but no bites.

The wind was increasing and the water was getting rougher.

 
I paddled to the piers at Woy Woy and had fun paddling along and under them.

It was a pretty morning and relaxing kayak of 3.11 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...