Monday, May 25, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - BWNP - MULLET CREEK TRACK - 25 MAY 2015



An early morning ride along the Mullet Creek track.


There had been a lot of rain of late. BWNP usually dries out pretty quickly. Still, there was a lot of water around.

 
It was a good fast ride to the turn off for Mullet Creek. The track - pools of water, very steep  in parts, muddy and eroded in parts, nice scenery.

 
I ended up stopping part of the way down the track as it was looking very very muddy and the walk back up wouldn't be much fun. I back tracked a bit and took another turn off which lead to the headwaters of Mullet Creek and the railway tunnel.

 
It was cool watching the trains suddenly burst out of the tunnel. The creek was cascading just a short distance from the railway lines. It was very silent!


The ride/walk back out wasn't as bad as I was expecting. maybe getting use to it!


distance - 7.82 km
elevation range - 77 m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...