Sunday, May 24, 2015

AUSTRALIA HOT AIR BALLOONING - POKOLBIN - 23 MAY 2015



This was my birthday present. I have always wanted to fly in a hot air balloon and I wasn't disappointed but I would love to go higher.


I went with Balloons Aloft. Nicolette was our guide and balloon captain. She was very friendly, nice and informative.


The views were excellent going over housing, vineyards and forests.


It was very quiet!

We spent the start getting the balloon ready and learning the techniques of balloon launching. Later, we learned and help in the landing and packing.


Then it was back to Peterson's Champagne House for a huge breakfast.

 
A great day!

 
distance - 13.35 km
average speed - 6.3 km/h
elevation range 73m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...