Tuesday, January 10, 2023

CENTRAL COAST - 1 TO 7 JANUARY 2023

 

1 JANUARY

The start of a new year ... so much to see ... so much to do :)

An early morning mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain. It was eerily quiet and not a soul about.

After the ride, I had an ocean swim at Terrigal Haven. More humans here but still very quiet.

It was such a hot day. I had a second ocean swim in the afternoon to cool down.

2 JANUARY

A hike with Jacinta to Strom lookout at Bouddi National Park. We followed the tracks which was heaps better than the trail.





An ocean swim at Terrigal Haven. So many sights along the way – catfish, a large grouper and a manta ray. :)

4 JANUARY

A mountain bike at Rocky Point. The track has become a bit more challenging with higher drop offs and exposed tree roots.





After the ride, I had an ocean swim the Haven.

5 JANUARY

A windsurf at Canton Beach. The wind was howling and to start there was no one out on the water. I put up my smallest sail - 4.2metres - and the action was no stop for two hours. My gybing was very rusty but towards the end of the session it seemed better.



6 JANUARY

We had a trip to Sydney to see Jacinta's brother, Mark, who is in age care. Good to see the young fella.

7 JANUARY

A windsurf at Canton beach. The wind wasn't as strong as two days ago, so I used my 6.3  metre sail. I had a lot of problems with it last year but finally, I got it working well. It still needs a few more adjustments. A fun session. Bill, Paul, Graham and lance were also there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...