Monday, January 30, 2023

LOSTOCK DAM AND DUNGOG COMMON MTB - 25 TO 26 JANUARY 2023

 

LOSTOCK DAM

25 JANUARY

We stopped for takeaway coffee and petrol. The drive to Lostock Dam was pleasant though the roads were extremely potholed in sections.

We stopped at Dungog Common for a mountain bike ride. It was very hot, but I was keen to ride these tracks. The section I rode was grass at first with a steady uphill. The downhill was fun and narrow and traversed across the hill side. I ended on the other side of a pipeline where I started so I rode a few more tracks which were excellent, but the heat became too much so back to the van I rode.


Back in Dungog, we stocked up on a few food items and continued driving to Lostock Dam. The scenery along the way was very pretty.

Eventually, we reached Lostock Dam. We checked out the dam first. It would be a pleasant kayak. Next was the camp. We got a nonpowered site above the Paterson River. The heat was still strong so we headed down to the creek for a cooling dip in the water.






A relaxing afternoon under the shade on the thick grass. An echidna wandered by and there were a lot of bird calls.

 

26 JANUARY




After a pleasant sleep, I woke to sounds of many birds. After breakfast, we packed and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...