Friday, January 13, 2023

CENTRAL COAST - 8 TO 13 JANUARY 2023

 

8 JANUARY

An ocean swim at the Haven. Love summer swims.

9 JANUARY

A kayak at Copacabana Lagoon. 








The water was very clear, the sun was shining and there was only a light wind. 

The highlights were:

Black swans were nesting. I saw about four nests. It's best to keep your distance from nesting birds as they can become very aggressive during this time. 

Large eels. They were visible as I paddled along the tributary of the laagoon.

Bridges. There were two bridges to paddle under. 

Later, I had an ocean swim. The water was very clear.

10 JANUARY

Brunch at the haven with Jacinta. We ate and admired the view.

11 JANUARY

A mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain along the summit tracks of the reserve.

A cooling ocean swim at the Haven and coffee with Jacinta.

12 JANUARY

An ocean swim the Haven

13 JANUARY

Still no quality surf. I've been checking the waves every morning.

A bike and hike along the Killcare Trail in Bouddi National Park. 







I rode along Hawke Head Drive into the park. there were a number of turn offs that led to ocean views. The longest and best was the Killcare Trail. There were good steep sections. Towards the end, I hiked through the bush to the coastal viewpoint. Amazing views. 

An ocean swim at the Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...