Saturday, December 31, 2022

CENTRAL COAST - 25 TO 31 DECEMBER 2022

 

25 DECEMBER

Christmas ... there's no other day like it during the year. Family together - xmas breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon brunch - presents opened around the tree - Secret Santa presents - Christmas music - moderate drinking throughout the day - endless washing up - :)







26 DECEMBER

An ocean swim at the Haven. The water was very clear. Saw lots of fish as I swam towards the buoy.

27 DECEMBER

Mountain biking at Kincumba Mountain. A good, controlled ride on firm tracks. Chatted with a coupled of runners. Enjoyed the view at Colin Watters Lookout. I was sweating by the time I finished. :)






Down to the Haven for a snorkel to cool off and stretch the body. I saw the huge catfish again. The colours are amazing.





28 DECEMBER

A hike around Avoca Point with Jacinta. Usually, there is a few people but today the rocks were lined with fishermen and fisherwomen. They were right on the edge, and it looked a bit dangerous with an incoming tide and increasing swell.







As the tide was dead low, I was able to go further around the rocks safely to go into the cave. Well, it looked safer from an ocean point of view, but all the rocks showed that it wasn't so safe from above.

Later, I had a snorkel at the haven, but the visibility was terrible for filming.

29 DECEMBER

Jacinta and I had a walk around the haven. Jacinta continued to walk while I had an ocean swim of the haven. We united for coffee.

30 DECEMBER

A surf at Wamberal Beach. It wasn't very good but there were a few okay waves before the wind increased.

A late afternoon hike around the top of Rumbalara Reserve with Jacinta. It had been a hot day and the cool breeze at the top of the mountain was very welcomed.







31 DECEMBER

I checked the surf and decided on a kayak at Terrigal Lagoon. There was little wind, and the water was very reflective. The highlight was a group of baby ducklings on a small island near the golf course.








Jacinta was doing an urban walk and we met at the haven for coffee.



Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...