Monday, June 3, 2019

TERRIGAL LAGOON KAYAK - 3 JUNE 2019

A lot of off and on rain and wind today. Between one of the calmer weather periods I did a kayak on Terrigal Lagoon.

The water was just just deep enough to paddle to the western part of the lagoon where there two small natural tributaries. Once in this area the trees blocked the wind an the water became glassy and reflective. The only water movement was the slight wake of my kayak. I paddled slowly here soaking in the quietness. There were also a number of submerged logs and overhanging vegetation to maneuver around as well.




I backtracked along the shallow channels and paddled towards Terrigal Beach. I beached on the beach and wandered down to the shore and watched the small crisp waves breaking on the shallow sandbank. The waves were  too fast and small to surf but they ere enjoyable to watch.






A nice kayak full of contrasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...