Sunday, June 16, 2019

BIKE AND HIKE - HAVEN, COOKS RIVER, PUTTY BEACH - 16 JUNE 2019


13 JUNE


A trip to Sydney for a medical appointment for Kara.


While at the appointment, I had an hour to spare so I had a bike ride along Cooks River cycle path. It was a fun ride with lots of bridges to cross and a few narrow spots to navigate through.


14 JUNE


It was a bit windy today so I was thinking of a sheltered spot for a hike.


I hiked around the rocks south of Terrigal Haven.







It was a fun wander around the rocks – waves rolling over the rocks, multicoloured rock pools, steep cliffs and huge rock falls.


15 JUNE


I enjoyed the hike so much yesterday I decided on another at Putty Beach.


I walked along the beach and out to the point. There were small waves, rock pools, long crevices and the occasional bird.








At the end of the point I turned inland and scaled the sandstone cliffs. It was an easy climb. The sandstone was very colourful with some amazing patterns and shapes.








At the top was a glorious view along the coast.


16 JUNE


A cloudy and chilly day. 


We had a walk around the Haven and the beach and settled down for a coffee on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...