Friday, June 7, 2019

THE QUARRY MTB - 6 JUNE 2019

A mountain bike ride at the quarry in Brisbane Water National Park.


I spent an our riding around the quarry. It has so much variety.

There are a number of man made ponds. One pond looks like it has been there forever being complete with reeds and birdlife. The other  ponds look on the verge of being natural. Apparently, the ponds are swimmable!



The tracks vary from riding along old quarry roads, expanses of sand, small climbs and drops over roughly grooved sandstone, narrow tracks through the bush and tracks along the edge of the waterways. Heaps of fun!



I was there over an hour following tracks and challenging myself to do harder sections.


A fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...