Tuesday, December 11, 2018

ST GEORGE NP - MILL CREEK KAYAK - 12 DECEMBER 2018

At Sydney again today with off and on showers.



I had a short time frame to play so I headed over to Georges River National Park for a kayak.

I found a nice parking spot just next to the Georges River. I launched from a small white sandy beach and paddled across The Georges River to Mill Creek.

The tide was going high so my paddle up creek was easy. It was mangroves at the beginning on both banks. After a short distance I spied a small creek on my right. I followed this very narrow waterway through the thick mangroves. A real 'African Queen' adventure.



Back on Mills Creek and I passed a group of young guys who had camped on the high rocks above the creek. It looked like a fun relaxing thing to do.



The mangroves gradually decreased and large overhanging native trees began to dominate. It was fun paddling under the overhanging boughs and around fallen trees.



I didn't reach the end as I had run out of time.



A great kayak even though it rained reasonably heavy about two times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...