Tuesday, December 4, 2018

PILES CREEK - KAYAK - 30 NOVEMBER 2018

A kayak today at Brisbane Water National Park.



The main kayak was along Piles Creek but it necessitated a launch from Mooney Mooney Creek.

I parked on a side road from the Old Pacific Highway just after the Mooney Mooney Bridge.

I paddled down the creek against the incoming tide then turned into Piles Creek. From here I was able to drift a lot with the tidal flow.

It was an interesting and quiet paddle. There were the sounds of distant infrequent traffic and the song of the bellbirds.



Along the shoreline, mangroves dominated for about half the paddle with small mud crabs scurrying into hidey-holes as I paddled past. Further along the base of the creek changed to white sand and the shoreline became rocky on a backdrop of  trees and bush.



The kayak ended at the suspension bridge. A large pool of water gather at this point. Just past the suspension bridge, are the remains of the old bridge with water cascading over the ruins and large boulders.



The return journey was against the tide until I reached the junction of Mooney Mooney Creek.


A pleasant and relaxing kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...