Tuesday, November 6, 2018

BRISBANE WATER NP - WARRAH TRACKS MTB - 7 NOVEMBER 2018

A surf check for the start of the day. North Avoca Beach had a very small and infrequent wave so I opted for a mountain bike ride.



I drove south to Warrah Trig Road in Brisbane Water National Park.



The start was the tessellated sandstone to the north of the road. It's a relatively wide flat area just above an increasing steeper and denser gully. It was heaps of fun meandering over the sandstone and around regenerating bushland.



Next was a narrow track that ran parallel with the main road. A flat track with a few obstacles. A new track veered off. I followed but it wasn't much fun. Too many rocks at pedal level on a very narrow line.

It joined on to another track that lead to wide outcrop of tessellated sandstone. I spent a bit of time riding to the various nooks and crannies of the platform.  There were great views at times over the surrounding bush and the ocean.



On to the main road and up to a turn off to the right. I just lazily followed the main trails and turned off for the PMG Trail.





This trail was downhill all the way. It was steep, eroded, covered in fist size rocks with pockets of deep soft sand. Heaps of fun negotiating the difficult terrain ... successfully.

Back at the van, all packed and it stated to rain.

Great morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...