Monday, September 26, 2016

WYRRABALONG NP - RED GUM AND BURRAWWANG HIKE - 26 SEPTEMBER 2016

I was at Wyrrabalong National Park this morning and had a hike along the Red Gum and the Burrawang Trails.


This was a great hike. I followed the sandy and shady tracks along a variety of landscapes - flannel flowers - red gums - vegetative sand dunes - lookouts over Tuggerah Lake - burrawangs.



Some of the highlights included:

no one else using the tracks
profusions of flannel flowers
burrawangs with their fruit


intermittent views over Tuggerah Lake


no rocks - it's all sand based


twisted and gnarled red gums


bird calls - whistling types
old and weary looking banksia trees


A pleasant and easy 2.66 km hike

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...