Tuesday, September 20, 2016

BRISBANE WATER NATIONAL PARK - WARRAH TRIG MTB 19 SEPTEMBER 2016



I had some more time to spare so I drove to the Warrah Trig carpark in Brisbane Water National Park for a hike along the Tony Doyle track.


It was only a short hike but it had so much to offer.

The carpark was surrounded by patches of wildflowers. There were steps leading up from the carpark. The top of the stairs offered limited views on the surrounding bush and distant waterways.


Down the steps on the other side and I was treated to a profusion of wildflowers and buzzing insects. The track was easy to follow and there were patches of certain species of wildflowers, rocky outcrops, twisted trees and mounds of moss covering the sandstone outcrops.


The track ends with a fantastic view of the Hawkesbury River, Broken Bay, the northern suburbs of Sydney and Kur-ring-gai National Park.


One of thee best hikes in the area. I'll be back in October when different flowers will be blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...