Tuesday, September 13, 2016

AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK - 12 SEPTEMBER 2016



Time to get a little bit more energetic - a kayak.


Avoca Lagoon was low in water but it still was okay. I had to watch the shallows and a few spots I paddle on were presently dry land.


It was nice paddling along and watching the bow of the kayak cut its way across the glassy water. When I stopped small waves rippled out ahead of me breaking the mirror sheen of the water.

I stopped in a few places -

               closing my eyes and soaking in the heat of the morning sun.

               watching a great white egret catching fish.


               looking at the shapes of the overhanging dead wood and imaging the shapes coming to life.


               drifting slowly close to shore and watched a purple swamphen foraging in the reeds.


A couple of times, I closed my eyes and paddled. I opened my eyes to see if the view had diverged.


It was a fun and restful 3.28 km kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...