Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TERRIGAL SKILLION HIKE - 5 SEPTEMBER 2016



I've had a sinus virus for a few weeks so I haven't been up to doing much. I'm still feeling like crap but I had a strong urge to move.


I drove around down to Terrigal wondering what to do. I parked at the Haven at the bottom of the Skillion (a large seaside hill) and decided I'd try a walk to the top. 


I put my head down and concentrated on getting enough oxygen. It sounds like a mountain climb but this virus made it feel like one. :)


At the top, I took a long time taking in the views along the coast.
Unusually, a flock of Sulphur Crested cockatoos landed on the far end of the Skillion cliff top.


A good friend also arrived unexpected. We chatted and admired the views.


It was good to get out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...