Monday, November 16, 2015

KINCUMBER - PATHS, WHARVES AND WATER - CYCLE - 16 NOVEMBER 2015

I had some spare time in the early afternoon so I drove to Kincumber foreshore at Kincumber Broad Water for a cycle.



It was a pleasant ride past the foreshore along a bike path. The path became a raised path where the local terraine was too sensitive for the tread of bikes and people.

At times, I was on grassed areas, streets, wharves, foreshore beaches and tracks.


At one point there was a track/road running parallel with the bike path. It had pools of water and the soil was saturated. Too saturated as when I went through one pool the bike stopped and sank in the clayish mud. Of course, I managed to get both shoes soaking wet and caked in sticky mud.


A ride that has been on my list for awhile.


An okay 8.94km ride with a 22m elevation range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...