Sunday, November 15, 2015

BRISBANE WATER NP- GIRRAKOOL - HIKE, FLOWERS, WATERFALLS - 14 NOVEMBER 2015

It has been raining heavily on and off over the last few days. This morning there looked like a break in the weather. As it was, when I was nearly at Girrakool it started to rain again but lightly. The luck was with me today as it stopped as I was getting ready and started again when I was nearly back at the van.



It was a quiet walk with the sounds of distant traffic for a short while and the occasional bird. The various water cascades and waterfalls were the dominant sound on this morning.


 
I was going to do the Girrakool Loop track and maybe extend it to the Piles Creek Loop. It took me 2 hours to do the 45 minute Girrakool Loop as it was so nice exploring around the waterfalls and soaking in the silence of the bush and the stunning scenery.

 
Along the track there were a lot of flowers and some birds.

 

The waterfalls were the main highlight with an abundance of water due to the recent rains. It was slippery on the rocks and vegetation and so I was extra careful in my movements. It was so peaceful watching the water flow along the creeks and then cascade over various drops. I had a brought a selfie stick and used it to video hard to get to places. The edge of one waterfall was very slippery but with the stick I was able to extend the camera an extra metre which meant better shots and a safer me.

 
Towards the end of the hike, I passed a number of people who were just starting. One couple were going to camp overnight on the way to Patonga.


It was a great 1.5km hike with an elevation range of 40m. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...