Saturday, September 22, 2012

CENTRAL COAST - Terrigal Lagoon - kayak - 21 September 2012

I've had a virus for awhile and this has been the first morning where I've woken and felt relatively normal.

The thought of a short kayak on such a beautiful morning was very appealing.



I launched at the bridge and paddled up to the west end of the lagoon. They was a large white wading bird that seemed to semi-pose for the camera. That kept me amused for a time as they don't usually let you get that close.


 
The west end has two feeder creeks. The one to the north was short but the one to the south was more adventurous. It branched off a number of times but was blocked by deliberately cut tree branches. I was amazed that someone had gone to so much trouble to block access. Anyway, I removed the blockages and came across a sunken car and a homemade wooden kayak. How the car/boat (not sure) got to that position is beyond me unless it was dropped there by helicopter.

It was a fun kayak and a nice way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...