Wednesday, September 26, 2012

CENTRAL COAST - Avoca Lagoon - 26 september 2012

It was a bit cloudy this morning with a freshening wind. I decided on a kayak at Avoca Lagoon.

I parked and launched from the scout hall.

Usually, I paddle along to the sounds of nature but for a change I put the ipod on and paddle to a vaiety of beats. There was a bit of background traffic noise so the music was a good idea.

There were a lot of birds and they weren't too impressed with my appearance around a bend of reeds or clump of trees. I did get to see a lot of them taking off and in flight. Nice!

I paddled down the feeder creek at the western end which was narrow and fun, passing under a bridge.

The wind was a lot stronger on the return paddle.



All in all a pretty morning and peaceful way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...