Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Zealand - Raglan, Manu Bay, Bridal Veil Falls - 11 January 2010


Raglan is a massive bay. The points of interest for me were the surf breaks.




rock at manu bay surf



mix of guys surfing at manu bay

Though the wind was strong, the waves were reasonably protected at Manu Bay. There were only a few guys out the back and they were a friendly lot. I had lots of fun waves. Some waves just seemed to go on forever.



After the surf, we drove around to Bridal Veil Falls. The falls were very high and powerful. The view points were nearly directly over the falls edge and looking across at the falls. The walk through the falls was through lush rainforest.

bridal veil falls

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...