Thursday, October 22, 2009

CENTRAL COAST - Fagans Bay - kayak - 22 October 2009

There is easy entry into water and plenty of parking at Adcock Park, West Gosford.

Starting off in Narara Creek, I paddled into the bay and the incoming tide slowly pushed me towards the west end of the bay. There were plenty of bird life and jumping fish.

The paddle back east was easy despite the incoming tide. Mangroves line the shore throughout the bay.

The centre of the bay has mangrove islands. i skirted the edge of these islands towards and along the railway lines. There were interesting views from under the train bridge of Brisbane Waters and the old railway bridge piers.

I returned west along the mangrove fringe to Narara Creek.

Highlights: bird life, jumping fish, railway bridge, drifting with the tide.

Time: 2 1/2 hours




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...