Saturday, November 12, 2022

CENTRAL COAST - 5 TO 11 NOVEMBER 2022

 5 NOVEMBER

A long mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain. I followed my usual trails and added on the new track off the Sid Pulseford trail. Heaps of fun. And not so wet today.


Later, Jacinta and I had a walk around Terrigal Haven along the paths, the coastal rocks and the beach.

7 NOVEMBER

An early morning walk along Terrigal Haven Beach with a coffee in hand.

A kayak on Brisbane Water around Pelican Island at Woy Woy.






It was a sunny start with a very light breeze and an incoming tide. The water was deep enough to paddle close to the edge of the island. That was good as there were a lot of oyster farms lining the island that I didn’t have to paddle around their far edges. The higher tide meant I could paddle in amongst the mangroves. It was fun paddling around the trees and other obstacles in the clear water.

8 NOVEMBER

A kayak at Brisbane Water along the Cockle Channel and around Cockle Bay. It was a fun kayak – up close to a roosting sea eagle, a narrow mangrove creek, under the mangrove trees, old and pitted trees, a mangrove/sand island and all under a blazing sun.






9 NOVEMBER

A few laps of Terrigal Haven on the rocks and the paths followed by my first ocean swim of the season.






10 NOVEMBER

A long surf check but not much form.

A mountain bike ride at Munmorah SCA along the tracks on and off the Old Quarry trail. The entry into the quarry was steep on loose gravel. The downhill section near the highway was great … narrow and challenging.




A swim at Terrigal Haven.

11 NOVEMBER

A morning hike around the rocks at Avoca Point. The tide was low but there were a few random waves to watch out for as I walked around. The waves were roiling, the rocks were slippery, the cliffs were high, there had been a lot of small rock falls, the sun was shining.


I caught up with Jacinta at Terrigal haven for coffee.

I did another surf check and the waves looked okay at Wamberal Beach. I had a fun surf for about ¾ hour before the wind and increasing tide played havoc with the wave quality. It was nice to catch a few decent waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...