Saturday, November 5, 2022

CENTRAL COAST - 24 TO 29 OCTOBER 2022

 

24 OCTOBER

We woke early and drove to Sydney airport to pick up Chloe and Angus at the international airport. They had returned from three weeks in Greece.

25 OCTOBER

KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN RESERVE

We both had a crap sleep.

We drove the Kincumba Mountain and hiked along a number of the tracks. There were a few random wildflowers has we strolled along.






26 OCTOBER

AVOCA LAGOON

The surf was big, so I had an early kayak at Avoca Lagoon.

The water level was low so I was limited to where I could paddle as it was either too shallow or dry land. The sun was warm on the north arm of the lagoon. There were a few birds as well. I paddled around the island and followed the lagoon opening towards the sea. I landed on the beach and enjoyed watching and feeling the waves break over the sand bank.






At home for breakfast and later Jacinta and I had coffee at the Haven Beach.

I did a lot of home tasks in the afternoon.

27 OCTOBER

I checked the surf early. Looked like it would be better later. Back home for breakfast.

Back down the beach later but I mistimed the tides. It was a bit full and only managed three waves.

At home for van washing and path cleaning.

29 OCTOBER

TERRIGAL LAGOON

Beautiful day with small surf.

I had a kayak on Terrigal Lagoon. It was a little shallow, but I just managed to reach and paddle along one of the west tributaries. There were two ducklings on the water that took off along the creek and up and over the creek bank and into the bush upon noticing me.

There were a few birds in the lagoon – ducks, cormorants, lapwings and black swans.

I paddled to the beach and walked across the sand to the small but glassy waves. Not much to ride but conditions were perfect.






In the evening, Jacinta and I saw ‘Pricilla, queen of the Desert’ at the Laycock Theatre. Some of the songs were good and well sung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...