Thursday, November 24, 2022

CENTRAL COAST - 12 TO 18 NOVEMBER 2022

 

12 NOVEMBER

Lunch at Tall Timbers Hotel with the future in-laws.

Chloe and Angus’s engagement party. What a great night! We met a lot of their friends and relatives from Angus’s family.





15 NOVEMBER

Jacinta, Kara, Johnny and I had breakfast at The Haven. The next stop was Sydney to drop Kara off for her tonsil's operation. Sydney.




Making a day of it we visited long-time friend, Freckle and had a nice lunch at his digs then dinner at Enmore Road. It was great catching up. Newtown was where I grew up, so it was pleasant to reminisce on my early life and share it – where I did a newspaper run, what buildings were still there or what building were now gone …

17 NOVEMBER

A mountain bike ride and a hike to Kariong Falls in Brisbane Water National Park. It was downhill all the way to the falls and, of course, uphill all the way back. The ride was fun as the trail (Tommos Loop) had roughen a lot due to the recent rains. The steep track down to the falls was also eroded making the descent a little tricky. The falls and the area around the falls were so pretty. I spent a ½ hour there just soaking it all in.









Afterwards, it was coffee at The Haven.

18 NOVEMBER

A SUP at Terrigal Lagoon. I was a bit unsteady. Definitely need more practice.

A swim and coffee at Terrigal Haven. The water was warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...