Thursday, April 9, 2020

SOCIALLY ISOLATED EXERCISE - 4 TO 9 APRIL 2020

4 APRIL 2020

A late morning surf at The Ruins at Terrigal Beach.

It started off pretty crapped but soon improved. The last hour was a heap of fun with short and quick left and right waves. I came out smiling.

5 APRIL 2020

An early mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain.




I haven't been on the bike for about five weeks so the ride was a bit of challenge. My legs were sore early in the ride but I keep persevering. The tracks were damp and firm. It end up being a fun ride.

Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I had a hike at Kincumba Mountain.




We followed a number of tracks that I usually follow on the bike and we also discovered a new track. There were a number of cars parked at the car park but we followed the tracks that weren't as well known for hiking and came across no one except at the beginning and at the end.

6 APRIL 2020

Shopping this morning. Some items weren't on the supermarket shelves. Definitely better to a smaller shop every few days than a large one.

Kara and I had a snorkel at Terrigal Haven.




The water temperature had dropped a bit over the last couple of days. It was pretty chilly.

The visibility was okay. In parts, the sand movement reduced the clarity of visibility. Still, there was a number of fish to be seen and one large blueish grouper,

Back on shore, we were keen to get going and warm up. One guy said he'd seen a turtle.

Later, I had a mountain bike ride at Bouddi NP.





I did the loop tracks. There were a few days at the carpark at Maitland Bay but there was no riders on the tracks. I did pass a lone runner at the beginning of the turkey trail.

It was a fun and smooth ride though I need to improve my bike fitness.

7 APRIL 2020

One of those sort of lazy days - rain in morning, cloudy, grey skies, messy surf.

About mid morning , I had a mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain. I only had a short ride along a couple of fun downhill tracks.

8 APRIL 2020

Wet day.

Did a lot of home jobs and had a mid afternoon walk with Jacinta in light rain at the Haven.

9 APRIL 2020

Early kayak at Copacabana Lagoon. So quiet!









Heaps of birds. The black swans were out and about with a number of juveniles following mom and dad. I came across a nest with at least three eggs. I kept my distance for a number of reasons - not stressing the parent and my own safety. They can get pretty protective.

It was a nice paddle with lots of overhangs, small channels and reeds.

At the beach end of the paddle, I had a wander around the beach and checked out the driftwood sculptures. The artist was there as well so we had a chat.

On the way back home, I got a call from Bryceson that the surf was okay at the ruins.

It wasn't that good but we paddled out anyway and had a couple of okay waves but mainly they were just plopping down.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...