Thursday, April 23, 2020

HIKING, BIKING, SWIMMING AND SURFING - 17 TO 23 APRIL 2020

17 APRIL 2020

A surf check at Shelley Beach but not so good.

A mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain.



I pedaled along a number of tracks. I followed one track on the northern side that went downhill for ages. It was eroded, rough and heaps of fun. It was a long way back to the top! :)

At the beginning of the ride, I met two girls who asked for advice on where to ride. Late, I ran into them again and they followed me along a few of the shorter tracks on the northern summit.

Overall, a good ride.

Later, Jacinta had a walk around Terrigal Haven while I had a swim out to the swimming buoy and back.

18 APRIL 2020

HBD to me.



A surf check ... a pretty sunrise  .... waves? well ... what's next?



A bike/hike at Brisbane Water National Park to Mount Wondabyne.

A ride along the tunnel track towards Rocky Ponds and over two gates then turn right and up. A bit of a slow grind to the end of the trail then a short track to the walking track to the top of Mount Wondabyne.









I hid the bike in the bush then rock scrambled to the top and walked along the summit ridge to the trig marker.

The view was panoramic and all to myself. I sat there for about 1/2 hour soaking in the quietness and solitude.

I noticed a painted rock and on the climb down I spied more of them. A good idea, I thought.

Back to the bike and an awesome downhill run back to the quarry. After a short play, it was back to the van and home.

19 APRIL 2020

An easy day, doing things around the house and relaxing.

An afternoon walk around Terrigal Haven with Jacinta. Warm weather and blue skies.

20 APRIL 2020

Surf safari this morning.

Checked out heaps of breaks north of North Avoca Beach.

Ended up at Pelican Beach. Some very good lefts and good rights. A bit of a hard paddle when caught in the sets. The waves were about 1 to 1.5 m.


21 APRIL 2020

Early morning surf at Pelican Beach.



Nice rights, just me and a pod of dolphins.

The waves were heaps of fun. Had heaps of waves, as well, as I was the only one out on the bank.

A pod of dolphins swam right pass me - whacking the water with their tails, breaching the water and diving back down, catching waves. It was so good. Only 3 metres away!

22 APRIL 2020

An early surf at Pelican Beach.

Ken and I drove to Pelican Beach. The waves were smaller without much power but some were reasonable. We had a fun time chatting and catching the odd wave.

23 APRIL 2020

An early walk around the rocks at Terrigal Haven.










The tide was high but there was little ocean swell so it was a safe walk. I took my time admiring the small swell crashing onto the rocks, the rising of the sun and the clearness of the rockpools.

A great morning start.

Down to Sydney, after that, as Kara had a medical appointment there.

Late afternoon hike with Jacinta at Rumbalara Reserve.





Just a short walk along some tracks enjoying the rocks, trees and blue sky


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...