Wednesday, April 15, 2020

HIKE, BIKE AND SURF - 10 TO 16 APRIL 2020

10 APRIL 2020

A lazy day with a mid afternoon surf at The Ruins, Terrigal Beach. The waves were smallish and not the best shape but I was lucky and managed about half dozen relatively good but short waves and another half dozen okay waves.


11 APRIL 2020

 A mountain bike ride to Mullet Creek in Brisbane Water NP.







There were quite a few cars parked at the start of the ride but I only saw a few hikers along the tracks at the beginning.

The track was very steep and heavily eroded in sections. I managed most but two parts became slippery on a clay base.

I took a few side tracks. One lead to a view towards Mullet Creek, another had a view over the railway tracks and the final one a close up view of the railway tracks and tunnel. A train passed through while I was there.

I finished with a ride around the quarry.


12 APRIL 2020

A late morning mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain.



A real fun ride. I followed heaps of tracks and felt smooth and in control.

No sore legs today. :)


13 APRIL 2020

A hike at Brisbane Water NP.











The car park at Girrakool was closed but the park was open. I parked at the entrance gate and started my hike on the Piles Creek Loop.

The hike took about 2 hours. I followed the loop in a anti clockwise direction.

The beginning was up and down, passing next to high cliffs. The ground was very soggy in parts with water dripping continuous from the cliff faces. The vegetation was very green and shaded beneath a canopy of thick trees.

I had a short rest at the suspension bridge.

The return leg was up, up and up. Upon reaching the top, eventually, the track was relatively flat on dry sand and more open vegetation.

Normally, I see few people on my hikes but today I passed over 70 people coming from the opposite direction.

It's good to see more people getting fit despite the current corona situation.

I did notice many people had no water with them. In general, it's a steep hike so not having water is not a good bush walking strategy.

15 APRIL 2020

A mountain bike ride on the PMG track at Brisbane Water NP.







I parked at the beginning of Warrah Trig Road. It was such a pretty and clear morning. My first play area was the tessellated sandstone platform. There was an excellent view across the hinterland towards Box Head of low bushes and grass trees.

I followed a short track then cross the main road and onto to tracks on the western side of it.

The tracks were mainly service roads. each road seemed to have a different base of either, sand, dirt, stone or gravel.

The best track was the PMG track which lead downwards for ages. The track was rutted and wet in sections, lined with thick vegetation or near-groomed pathway. It was such a fun ride. I had to concentrate all the way with drop offs, loose rocks and deep ruts. It finally ended in a grove of thick trees at the top of a ridge with Patonga Creek meandering below.

16 APRIL 2020

A surf at Shelley Beach.

There was a nice right wave bank which was crowded but just south of it was another bank. No one was on it so I paddled out and had a heap of okay waves on my own. Lucky morning! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...