Thursday, April 2, 2020

SELF ISOLATION, SURFS, KAYAKS, HIKES - 17 MARCH TO 3 APRIL 2020


30 MARCH 2020

I have been in self isolation for two weeks after my return from the Solomon Islands.

I spent my time doing inside and outside home jobs. Still got heaps of jobs to do but there was no hurry to finish them.


31 MARCH 2020






I left early to check the surf. We are currently allowed outside for exercise.

I ended up having a small but fun surf at North Avoca Beach with Bryceson. I even got a rogue set with a definite inside barrel.

Afterwards, I went home and did homey things.


1 APRIL 2020

Our 31st wedding anniversary today!

A check of the surf but a bit shapeless.

Decided on a kayak at Terrigal Lagoon.







There was plenty of water in the lagoon. I was able to paddle to the west side of the lagoon and explore a few of the channels. It was fun meandering through the sometimes narrow waterways with thick overhangs of vegetation.

While paddling towards the beach, a SUP rider turned out to be an old friend from school, Wayne M. We have a tendency to run into each other at the oddest places.

At the beach, I had a walk around to check the surf close up. It was glassy but a little too small.


Later, in the afternoon, Jacinta and I had a hike to Bullimah Spur in Bouddi National Park.

A pretty walk along an undulating track past cycads, twisted angophoras, ferns and rock formations.

The view at the end of the track was very pretty with a view along the north and south of the coast.






2 APRIL 2020

The surf was not the best shape so off for a kayak.

Avoca Lagoon was filled to the brim with water.







The paddle was glassy and a lot of the lagoon was accessible to reach. I wandered around the shoreline, through the trees and along narrow channels.

There weren’t a lot of birds but electric blue dragonflies were in abundance.

I was a relaxing paddle though the the wind increased and was against me on the return paddle.



Later, Jacinta and I did a few laps of Terrigal Haven. Not many people about.

3 APRIL 2020


An early surf at North Avoca Beach. It was smallish but still some fun waves when you got the right one. 





Terry was out as well.

Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I had a short hike to Little Beach in Bouddi National Park. The track to the beach was very green, ferny and pretty.






The beach was virtually empty and still. there were a a number of drift wood structures on the beach.




We walked over the tessellated sandstone on the southern side of the bay. We sat on a rock and watched the small swell foam over the rocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...