Sunday, March 10, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - 20 DECEMBER TO 31 DECEMBER 2018


20 December 2018

I checked the surf at North Avoca and Wamberal Beaches. Maybe better after the high tide.
I had an ocean swim at Toowoon Bay. The morning looked pretty and the water inviting. Afterwards, I sat on a bench overlooking the ocean while reading and having a coffee.


On the way home, I checked the surf at Shelley Beach. There was the odd okay wave breaking. I continued home and stopped at Wamberal Beach.

The surf looked ‘not too bad’ and the weather perfect. I had a fun surf with Ed on a shifting right hander 

A b
ig hail storm in the afternoon.



28 December 2018

The surf was choppy and messy. Jacinta and I drove to Umina Beach for a walk along the beach and a coffee/swim in front of the surf club. The wind here was much lighter, the ocean clear and the sun warm.
We ran into John Van E and friends who had just finished a sup flat ocean paddle and had a little chat.

30 December 2018

A beautiful sunny morning and it looked like it was going t be a hot one.
A mountain bike ride at Kincumba Mountain to start the day. I followed the summit and the end tracks then back along summit track then around to the Kanning/Glasson track. It was a flowy ride. There were actually other riders there as well … counted 12.
Down to the haven for a swim and short sit in the sun. The water was cool but very weedy and very little visibility. Still, it was nice to get ocean wet.

31 December 2018

At Terrigal Haven and Jacinta and I did a few laps of the circuit. We ordered coffee and sat on the beach.
A beautiful morning but soon a thick fog set in from the ocean. A bit eerie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...