Friday, April 13, 2018

FAGANS BAY KAYAK - MUNMORAH MTB - SHELLEY BEACH SURF - 12 APRIL 2018


11 april 2018

A kayak around Fagans Bay in Brisbane Water National Park.



I started at East Gosford and paddled towards and under restaurant, under a pier, under the supports of the old railway bridge and under the railway bridge.



From there, I was in Fagans Bay where I paddled the circumference of the bay passing the mangroves and paddling through mangroves.



There were a number of birds including the Royal Spoonbill.



The water was very glassy in most parts of the bay but when I disturbed the fish and stingrays the water churned up noticeably.



Afterwards, I had coffee at Tommy's at East Gosford.

Later in the afternoon, a swim at The Haven was nice despite the strong NE wind.

12 April 2018

Up to Munmorah SCA for a mountain bike ride.



I rode The Quarry tracks. It started off on a very steep and narrow track to the far base of the old quarry.



I rode out of the quarry and bush bashed over a bit of track blockage then rode a long downhill track till it ended near the thick vegetation of a creek. Of course, it was an uphill grind back.



The second track was a turn off at the end of the Quarry Trail. This was a new track for me. It was downhill, rough and fun. As with the first track it ended near a creek and it was a grind back to the top.



I decided on checking out Snapper Point  and was rewarded with great views north over Ghosties Beach, Flat Rock Point and Frazer Park.







On the way home, I stopped at Shelley Beach. I had a fun surf in strong offshore winds. There were some good waves but a bit of a lull at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...