Thursday, April 26, 2018

BRISBANE WATER NP - TALLOW TRACKS MTB - 15 APRIL 2018

A mountain bike at Brisbane Water National Park.



I parked at Grandview Crescent, Hardy's Bay.

It started as a road/trail which was fairly steep at the beginning. Once it started to get easier there was a trail to the left - Old Wagstaff Trail.



A great rough ride joining up to a track leading to Lobster Beach. I followed this track until I had a great view over The Box. I did a bit of rock scrambling then rode the track to the start of the downhill to Tallow Beach.



A wide trail but very steep to the bottom then a turn right along a narrow track and a cliff edge towards Little Tallow Beach.



At Little Tallow Beach, I met and chatted with a group of young people from Indonesia and a Basque girl from Bilbao, Spain. A very interesting chat.




I rode back along the cliff edge and narrow track to the big uphill grind of the Tallow Beach Trail. I managed to ride up the hill more than I did on my last ride.



Heading back along the dirt road of Hawk Head Drive, I noticed that my tyre seemed to be wabbling. it turned out that the front wheel was undone. Whoo! I felt very lucky that it hadn't come off as I was riding, especially, the steep sections. A reminder to check your gear carefully before any activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...