Wednesday, December 13, 2017

SURFING, XMAS PARTIES AND PREP, SNORKEL AND KAYAKING - 13 DECEMBER 2017

8 December 2017

I had a surf check along a number of beaches and ended up having a good time at Shelly Beach. There was a nice left and a great left at times.

On one left, I took off late nearly made it, hit a chop and took a punishing wipeout.

Next, Kara and I were off to a Christmas luncheon. Great food and some interesting stories were told.

We drove to the mall, met up with Chloe and bought Christmas decorations under Kara's supervision.

Back home and the decorating started.


9 December 2017

I woke tired and sore this morning. Probably due to yesterday's hard surf fall.

I ended up having an ocean swim at Terrigal Haven, coffee and ran into Ken.

Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I drove down to Sydney for a reunion with old time house mates. It was a fun night with good food and company, a lot of laughs and secret Santa presents.




10 December 2017

We had stayed down in Sydney for the night and had breakfast at 'The Shed' in Centennial Park with some of the reunion attendees.

Finally, drove home and had an easy afternoon.


11 December 2017

An early surf check but the tide needed to be higher.


A kayak at Wamberal Lagoon. I saw a number of bird species - swamphens, cormorants, black swans, ducks, plovers, white faced herons. The dragonflies were in abundance and very colourful.




I paddled along the creek at the northern end of the lagoon. So quiet and still. the water was very reflective and the water as also clear.


A stop at Terrigal Haven on the way home for a cappa on the beach and an ocean swim.

Back home to heaps of chores.


12 December 2017

A small, fun and okay surf at North Avoca this morning. Most of the time there was just two of us out. The water was warmer and very clear.


Back home to a lot of moving furniture, etc around. All big jobs. Sweating profusely by the end of it.


13 December 2017

A middle of the day snorkel at Terrigal Haven.


The visibility wasn't the best but I did sight a number of sea creatures - huge catfish, jellyfish and different types of fish. The water was much warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...