Saturday, August 12, 2017

BALI, BALIAN - SURF, SURF AND SURF - 7 AUGUST 2017

27 JULY 2017



I had an early long surf in the morning. It was a bit bumpy but still good.
Breakfast.
A fun second surf but I was so tired by the time I got out.
We ran into Col and Jeff, while having dinner. The girls from Emerald Beach were in good 'spirits' walking up the hill yahooing and gesturing. They had lost one of their friends (Tammy) who I found for them in Deki's safe and well.







28 JULY 2017


A morning surf check revealed Russell from WA, who I met in Balian about 4 years ago.

I had a mid morning long and  fun surf.

Back in for a short sleep (tired!) then we had a great lunch at Tom's Garden.

I had a late okay surf.

We had a pleasant dinner at Gubug Cafe.


29 JULY 2017

I woke to a light rain and smallish surf. I paddled out and had a fun time with no one out.
Back in for breakfast with Kara and Jacinta.
I had a second okay surf later. Getting out I had chit chats with Russell, Loz, Tammy and Michelle.
I met Nathan, who is here for a month. He has just finished a messy divorce and settled other issues and now needed a place to rest and chill out. Good decision and good place to choose.
I joined Kara and Jacinta for lunch at Tom's Garden.
A third surf with some good waves amongst the mushy ones.
We had dinner at Tekor, chatted with Trevor's family and later Col, Jeff and a Canadian girl.


30 JULY 2017

The surf looked a little sloppy earlier so I waited till after breakfast before paddling out. I had a few nice waves but it was a little bumpy.
I met Frank and Adam from Coffs Harbour. 
We had lunch at Pitaya and then I had an afternoon kip.





31 JULY 2017

Surf messy all day.

I had an early morning walk through the village. It was nice watching the locals at their morning activities and enjoying the rising sun.

Lazed about the rest of the day.










1 AUGUST 2017

A messy surf in the morning.
Had a surf after breakfast but it was all over the place. I caught two waves then came in.
The rest of the day was lounging about.
We had a nice dinner at Istani's with Nathan joining us. On one of the tables was surfing legend, Simon Anderson, who invented the thruster system of fins for surfboards. A total revolution in design at the time.

2 AUGUST 2017

I had a morning surf in good size waves. it was a tricky surf with the waves a little random but I had some good waves amongst the ordinary ones.
Breakfast.
The second surf as better and I had some fun challenging waves. The waves tended to rear up quickly and were a bit random. I took a lot on the head but enjoyed myself.

3 AUGUST 2017

Messy surf.

At low tide, Nathan. and I had a long, coastal hike south. I've done this a number of times but it amazing how much the sea changes the coastline in a short amount of time in this area.
There were some interesting features - mushroom shaped rocks, massive sea arch to walk through, local boats, massive and pounding waves, temples, new dwelling and old neglected dwellings.
Kara had massage and Jacinta did her nails.
It was a quiet late afternoon, so we had a few beers then meandered down to Tekor's for dinner then back to Gubug Café for more beers.










4 AUGUST 2017
We met Becky and Rob a few days ago. Becky is very bright and bubbly and Rob's claim to fame was/is that he is a foot model and competed in Wipe Out  in 2009 (TV show) and was eliminated in 11th place. 





A messy surf so just pooled it and ate.


5 AUGUST 2017


An early surf with size and good shape. I had a lot of fun.

Breakfast.

The second surf was fun but not as good.
Resting the rest of the day.





6 AUGUST 2017

Morning surf. It started off a little bumpy but there were some nice waves but after an hour it lost a lot of form and I belly boarded in.
Breakfast
Caught up with Jeff and Mark. I passed a few unwanted items on to Mark.


7 AUGUST 2017

Early surf in fun waves.
Breakfast.
Second surf. I was a bit tired but it was the last day so I paddled out and had a good time.
Completely surfed out of it at the moment.






Packed gear and had lunch.
Paid bill then it as off to Legian.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...