Monday, August 22, 2016

BOUDDI NP BOX HEAD MTB - 21 AUGUST 2016



Today, a ride and hike to Box Head in Bouddi National Park.


The start of the ride is a steep road... well I walked part of it. Once at the summit the road is undulating with great coastal views and some views towards Brisbane Water.


There are a number of other tracks to divert towards to get a rough ride or out along one of the ridges. I stuck on the main road with a few view turnoffs.


The views never cease to inspire me. An added attraction was a dumped car along the road.

I rode partly along the Box Head track then chained my bike to a tree and continued on as a hike.

It is a great hike. Easy with coastal views and changing vegetation and some rock hopping. The final stage, leads around a short bend then wham... its the end and I was at Box Head with stunning views over Broken Bay, Pittwater and along the coast from Barrenjoey, Sydney.


A fence has been erected to block the last few metres on the Box Head cliff edge. Looking over the edge is a vertigo challenge.


A great bike/hike track.

I still had a bit of time, so I drove to nearby Killcare Surf Club for coffee and food.



The sun was shining and the beach looked so inviting so I had a little wander.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...