Friday, February 19, 2016

KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN - KANNING TRACK - HIKE - 17 FEBRUARY 2016


A cloudy morning with a peep of sunrise.



I ride around Kincumba Mountain a lot but when I originally started visiting the area I was mainly hiking. I'm not quite ready for a bike ride yet but I was very keen for a bush hike.


I chose the Kanning Track as it easy and has a lot to offer in a short hike.


Firstly, it was nice to meander along a track with natural bushland all around me. secondly, my walking speed was a bit slow and careful so I spent a lot of time looking at the smaller things - the texture of a tree's bark, the fronds of the ferns and rock shapes.


A few features of the walk was a large fallen tree at the beginning of the track. The root system of the base of the tree lined the edge of the path in a vertical direction.  Another large fallen tree on a sandstone rock platform looked like the base was sliced smoothly off the rock. Further along the track was a cave. Not very deep but deep enough to give easy protection from the elements.


A great hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...