Thursday, December 10, 2015

BRISBANE WATER NP MTB - WARRAH TRIG TRACKS - 10 DECEMBER 2015

Drove to BWNP and parked in the 'car park'  just before the Warrah Trig turn off.

 

I followed Van Dahls Trail, Sani Depot Trail and Neera Trail, then Patonga Drive back to the van.

The first two trails are service roads but they are a fun ride with a few small turnoffs offering good views or tessellated sandstone to ride upon.



Nearing the end of Sani Depot Trail. another sign indicated Neera Trail. The trail was so good. It was narrow with obstacles like small drop offs and rocks. It traverse around a large hill being slightly undulating. In the last section, I had to carry the bike up a steep rock cliff to get pack to a rideable track.



Another obstacle, though unpleasant were the webs of the Golden Orb Weaver Spider across the track. I rode face first into one web with the spider crawling across my sunglasses. Very unpleasant. Anyway, the spider survived.

Back onto the main road and it was a hard ride uphill to the van. I was very happy as it was the first time I'd made the hill without stopping.


It was a great 5.87 km ride with an elevation range of 104 metres.



After the ride, I had a coffee and a swim at Pearl Beach. Such a good swimming spot - deep water straight off the sand. I also had a reasonably quick walk around the arboretum. Another pretty place that I'll visit again with more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...