Sunday, June 9, 2013

CENTRAL COAST - WAMBERAL LAGOON - KAYAK - 9 june 2013

 
I checked out the surf earlier but wasn't too impressed though the sunrise was awesome. So I drove back home for the kayak.

I parked at Remembrance Drive and launched the kayak. The conditions were reasonably still and there were a number of birds upon the lagoon. The water level was high so I managed to paddled into spots I couldn't get to previously. I paddled around the lagoon and the small tributary that comes from Forrester.

 
Some of the highlights were a big water dragon, black swans in flight, a large flock of ducks in flight and the mirrored reflections of the landscape upon the water.


Best kayak I've had on the lagoon so far!

distance     - 4.62 km
time           - 1h 9m
av speed    - 4 km/h
max speed - 8.1 km/h


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...